Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness. - Earl of Derby

Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Final Day at St. Mary's!

This was the last time at St. Mary's this semester, and as excited as I am for the semester to be over. It's sad that I won't be going back there. I've learned so much from the students at St. Mary's that I don't even know where to begin! I'm glad I spent my last day with the Pre-k students. They are by far my favorite group to work with. They are so excited to just play and learn, it's unreal!


At the beginning of the semester I was unsure of what to expect, but as the weeks went on I became more and more comfortable with the students, as well as knowing the possible outcomes that would occur from my games or actions.


This week was so much fun, who would've thought that we'd be playing outside in December! I think this is a great way to get the Pre-k involved and active! Going out on the playground is great because they're in their element. They are in control over it, and the Teacher Candidates are the ones who were adapting. At one point, the students dragged me inside of the slide playground. I have no idea why I was getting dragged there but they loved every second of it, even if I couldn't get out!


Because we spent so much time outside, we didn't really have time for a craft, so we made the game and craft relate with each other. In order to decorate there Christmas tree ornament, they needed to play the game. After every game they completed they got another sticker to add to there tree. Although we thought this was a great idea, only some students wanted to play the games to get the stickers. Others just wanted to decorate the ornament. I stayed on the bleachers helping the students with there crafts. They were all so excited to color and add stickers to there trees. They get excited about the simplest things, and that's what is so awesome about all of them.

Although I'll miss going to St. Mary's, I'm excited to move onto more classes that will help me become a better Physical Educator!

No comments:

Post a Comment